ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, has been busted in Indiana for fraudulently registering voters. This group is closely involved with Barack Obama and the liberal left. One of Obama's first jobs after law school was with them in Chicago. Just the other day, Lake County officials reported major abnormalities in a high number of the registrants that ACORN turned in. "Elections Board Director Sally LaSota and Ruthann Hoagland, a county elections board technologist overseeing voter registration, said Wednesday it appears some ACORN vote canvassers pulled names and addresses from telephone books and forged their signatures" http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/10/03/acorn-nailed-registering-dead-people-in-indiana/ The report also showed an application filled out as Jimmy Johns is actually a fast food restaurant in Crown Point and an application for a Gary man that had died almost a year earlier. The report noted that many of the registrations also had the same hand writing style.
Indiana is not the only state where ACORN has found itself in trouble. In Nevada, official raided the Las Vegas headquarters after receiving multiple registrations in the same name and ones with fake or duplicate addresses. They are also being investigated in Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida. I am sure more states will follow.
What's worse than blatantly violating voter registration rules is that this organization receives over 40% of their working budget from tax payers like you and I. The other 60% comes from liberal hacks. Obama has even trained volunteers for ACORN and members have worked on his campaign. In Ohio, homeless people were driven to the polls for early registration and same day voting. All on your dime.
We all know that the Obomunist nation will do whatever it takes to win, including registering one man in Florida eleven times, but this is just nutty. Where is the mainstream media on this one. The blogosphere is the only place to read about it.