Monday, January 19, 2009

Free At Last !

COMMUTATION!

At 1:15 pm today, the White House announced that President Bush would indeed commute the sentences of border patrol agents Ramos and Compean.

This from Mike Gallagher:

What thrilling news: the White House just announced that the President will, indeed, commute the prison sentences of border patrol agents Ramos and Compean. Last week, I shared the fact that during my meeting in the Oval Office with President Bush, a meeting I had the privilege of sharing with a few of my talk radio friends and colleagues, I asked the President to consider commuting their sentences. His answer was off-the-record and I have respected that caveat. I will continue to respect it and not reveal what he told me. However, the ultimate vindication is the wonderful news that he heard me, and millions of Americans like me, who believe that their incarceration is a travesty of justice. Just a few minutes ago, my producer and I called Monica Ramos, Ignacio's wife, to congratulate her. Amazingly, she hadn't yet heard the news. And so I had the honor of being able to be the first to tell her the joyful news that her husband and father of their children would be coming home. As expected, she cried and screamed and laughed and shouted for joy. I have to confess, I did, too. Thank you, President Bush. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Finally a real life happy ending. I would like to add my thank you to Mr. Bush for doing the right thing.